Friday, April 4, 2008

Life Change

At the top of Mt. Arbel we are given time to reflect. Here there was a gorgeous bush. I have never seen anything like it and I stared at its' design. It looked like a holly bush with red flowers growing on it. I find relief. Because I have been sent here by the church I have felt a lot of pressure, from myself, to make the trip worth it for the people. At this site I feel the love of the church and gain a great understanding. If I come back changed- if I have a stronger faith and more committed obedience I will be a better leader and pastor. This is not just about my teaching. This is about me. We have time in the evening at Tiberias which is a bustling resort area on the sea. We find a pharmacy to buy a pregnancy test and need to ask the pharmacist what means what because it is in Hebrew. We go home and nervously take the test. It is positive. Tiff begins to cry and I try to fake a smile but we didn't expect this. Brooke tells us that even in the most ideal circumstance you only have a 20% chance of impregnation. I feel like it is inappropriate to feel sad when we find this out because we know how hard some people work to get pregnant and cannot. I was so proud of my wife. After crying for a minute she courageously stops and gets an Israeli flag and takes a picture of the pregnancy test. She has not been upset since. The day before she said "God will provide." And He always has. We sleep in different beds...not because of fighting but because the TV was in the front room and there were two separate beds there. We watched Forrest Gump and I woke up in the middle of the night to find out that Illinois had in fact lost and their season was over. I liked sleeping this way on this night. It was like I was having a sleep over with my best friend.

No comments: